1. Purchase taxes and costs to buy a property in the Costa Del Sol, Spain.
- prices listed = net price to vendor. (Purchase tax + cost calculated below).
2. Property taxes for owners in the Costa Del Sol, Spain.
- Annual taxes are based on: purchase price, location of the property (municipality) and size + cadastral value.
- IBI (Municipal Spanish Property Tax): yearly €200 – €10.000.
- Garbage tax: yearly €16 – €400.
- Community fees: €20 – €2.000 / month.
3. Taxes for non-residents and fiscal residents in the Costa Del Sol, Spain.
- 19% EU, Norway & Iceland | 24% rest of the countries.
- Paid over income or rental income.
- Municipal Spanish Property Tax (based on the property catastral value and region).
4. Vendor taxes and expenses to sell a property in the Costa Del Sol, Spain.
- Plusvalia (capital gain)
- income tax: 19% resident, EU,EEA citizen | 24% non-resident | 25% company
* reforms & purchase cost are held into account.
- Real estate fees: 5% – 7,5% (+21% VAT).
- Lawyer fees: 1%.
- Mortgage cancelation fees (bank commission for early cancellation of loan,notary & registry fees).
- Retention of 3%: only if the vendor is a non-resident in Spain.
* if there is no tax debt, vendor gets the amount back in 1 – 6 months.
5. Taxes and costs for owners when renting a property in the Costa Del Sol, Spain.
- Income tax: 19% EU , EEA | 24% resident | 24% other countries
* 19% – 46% depending on income.
- Real estate fees: ‘ no win, no fee’
For more information on buying or selling a property in Spain please do not hesitate to contact us so that we can help you through the whole process.